While these patriotic Americans were not SigEps, these recent stories convey the emotion and commitment to the memory and service of brothers-in-arms and may help some of you understand one of the missions of the SigEp Patriots Projects (SPP):03 OCT 1907
Hundreds gather for burial of former Vietnam MIA Marvin Foster
Four will finally get their due on Vietnam War Memorial wall http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Dogged-effort-will-put-area-man-s-dad-s-name-on-2188527.php
World War II Veteran, FL State Representative, U.S. Congressman, and FL Alpha Brother Captain Donald Ray Matthews, U.S. Army was born in Micanopy, Florida on this date.
03 OCT 1918
According to information published in The Sigma Phi Epsilon Journal, Volume 16, World War I Veteran and NH Alpha Brother Private First Class Charles Enos Tayntor, U.S. Army – Ambulance Service, Army Medical Corps died on this date in France.
08 OCT 2010
On this date, U.S. Navy World War II Veteran, and NY Alpha Brother Howard P. Nulse died in Naples, Florida. Born 09 APR 1926 in Charleston, WV, Brother Nulse graduated from Syracuse University School of Engineering, and was a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon. He was employed by the DuPont Company for 37 years. A Sailor to the end, his family scattered his ashes in the Chesapeake Bay.
RECENT LOSSES TO THE ROLL
Since the previous edition of “This Week” the following SigEp Patriots have passed away:
– World War II U.S. Army Veteran, Kansas State Senator, and KS Beta Brother Merrill H. Werts
– World War II Veteran and CO Alpha Brother Fire Controlman Second Class Petty Officer Gale Erwin Brown, U.S. Navy
– TX Alpha Brother Captain André Bourchard, U.S. Army Reserve (Retired)
– U.S. Veteran, Past Grand President, and Order of the Golden Heart Recipient TX Beta Brother Jackie Don “Jack” Wheeler
– SC Alpha Brother Frederick Lee Day, U.S. Army Ready Reserve/National Guard (South Carolina)
* In Afghanistan earlier today, U.S. Army and Operation ENDURING FREEDOM Veteran IL Eta Brother Zach Deets was promoted to Sergeant – his second promotion during his deployment. Congratulations, Brother!
* The SPP Official Facebook Group – SigEps Who Serve (SWS – http://www.facebook.com/groups/sigepswhoserve) – now numbers 336 with six new members. Welcome Brothers!
* 2Lt Yanni Dracopoulos, U.S. Air Force headed to Naval Air Station Pensacola to continue the journey that is his military career. Through SWS, Yanni was able to connect with three other Brother Patriots currently at NAS Pensacola.
We are always looking to post news items about SigEp Patriots. If you have something you would like to share please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fraternally and Respectfully,
Brother Ed Jones, NY Eta ‘96
Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Navy Reserve
Founder, SigEp Patriots Project