We got this email from the DC Alpha House manager. While we do not claim to be a SigEp "craigslist," the housing situation is always tight in DC. So, if you need a place give Ed a shout. (Don't contact us - this is all the info we have)
My name is Ed Goodwin and I am the House Manager for DC Alpha (George Washington). I am emailing you because we are in the process of filling our chapter house for the summer and we still have a few spots open. I would greatly appreciate it if you could post the below message on your blog so others brothers can know about this great option for summer housing in DC. Thank you very much for your help.
DC Alpha '09
LIVING in WASHINGTON, DC for SUMMER 2008?
RESERVE NOW FOR PREMIERE HOUSING AT DC ALPHA'S NEW CHAPTER HOUSE
The DC Alpha chapter house, regional winner of Sigma Phi Epsilon's "Chapter Home of the Year Award" for 2003 and 2004, is opening its doors for 2008 summer residency.
Located on the campus of the George Washington University in downtown Washington DC, the chapter house is just three blocks from the Foggy Bottom Metro (subway) Station and six blocks from the White House. It is easily accessible to Capitol Hill, all federal departments or agencies as well as the many law firms, think tanks, PACs and trade associations within the nation's capital.
In order to reserve your room, contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, as space is limited.
The house will be available Session 1, 2 or both and the rates are as follows:
- Summer Session I Only: May 21 - July 5 - $1,530 w/ Admin. Fee $50
- Summer Session II Only: July 6- Aug 21 - $1,564 w/ Admin. Fee $50
- Entire Summer: May 23 - Aug 16 - $2,944 w/ Admin. Fee $50
The five-story facility consists of:
- Basement - Finished for use as Chapter Room, Study and Recreation Room
- Ground Level - Full Kitchen and Dining Area, Common Living and Recreation Room
- Levels 2 - 4 - Suite Style Residential Living for 30 men, consisting of five double rooms on each floor with en-suite bathrooms.
The House includes the following amenities:
- Fully furnished rooms each with cube refrigerator and microwave oven
- Two common area TV's (one is a 65 inch wide screen)
- Billiard, foosball and ping pong tables
- Top grade black leather sectional couches
- Eight hundred book library
- Free on-site laundry in basement
- High-Speed (non-dial-up) T1 internet access for each person
- Local telephone line for each person
- Free Cable Television in every room
- Disability accessible with high security entries and elevator.
Those interested should contact DC Alpha's House Manager as soon as possible: